Bible Quiz - 2/2020 - ANSWERS The Gospel According to Matthew, Chapters 3-7
- "One who is coming after me is mightier than I" - who said this? and about whom? -John the Baptist about Jesus – (3:11).
- The baptism of John was known as____________whereas the baptism of Jesus is__________ - (Baptism of repentance; Baptism for salvation).
- In what form the Spirit of God descended on Jesus during his baptism?- Like a dove (3:16).
- What did the devil ask Jesus to do to get the kingdoms of the world? – To prostrate and worship the devil (4:8,9).
- What was the central teaching of Jesus? - Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (4:17).
- Who will be called least in the kingdom of heaven? – Whoever breaks the commandments and teaches others (5:19).
- Why did Jesus ask to leave the gift at the altar? – If your brother has anything against you, to reconcile with him (5:23,24).
- How do the hypocrites look when they fast? – They look gloomy (6:16).
- Where your treasure is,____________________________ – there also will your heart be (6:21).
- Why did the crowd astonish when Jesus finished his teaching? – Because he taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes (7:29).
Altogether 18 people wrote the answers and the following 7 names were correct:
Kathleen Louviere, Galen & Jenny Guillot, Ella Walker, Paul & Michelle Tholen,
Agatha & Becky Wiggins, Roland & Judy Brannon & Cindy Chiasson